Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

1st Workshop

This past weekend, Vignette Photography and Red Maple Media (me and Katie Hamlin) hosted a photography for beginners workshop! We covered the basics of shooting in manual mode, composition, and using natural light. I discussed portrait and event photography, while Katie covered macro and landscape photography. It was such fun to share what we know with others and see their photography improve right there. 


I tried my hand at Macro, with my 50mm. This is about as macro as I get.

 Katie and attendees practicing their new macro skills.


 
 A few shots of Katie as I demonstrated portrait photography.
 
 
Hopefully we'll get to host another workshop soon. Let me know if you'd be interested! Also check out my posts '5 ways to take better photos' and '5 more ways to take better photos'.
 
-Maggie

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I would love to come to a workshop! :) Hatchett is growing way too fast!

    ReplyDelete